Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Inspiration

Why is it so hard to act on inspiration? I read a few blog posts the other day and got all inspired to start doing things to make my days more exciting. Does deciding to do something count? No, it doesn't, which is why I'm all annoyed with myself. I want to exercise every day, I want to have my apartment comepletely clean, I want to make nice suppers and chop things in advance. Wouldn't that be nice? But, no, I let things pass and I can hardly remember what it was that got me all inspired in the first place.

I remember hearing in seminary that when something gets you inspired (help! need a thesaurus!) you should act on it right away - accept upon yourself something, anything, even something unrelated. This way your ideas are grounded in the physical reality in some way. At least this way you'll think of praying better every time you stop chewing your nails.

So what do I choose? How's about this - inspiring thoughts go on the blog. This way I've done something and can reflect on it on later dates. And, I can have your opinions and help and stuff - you, the reader. (Readers? Do I have a plural audience yet?) And maybe I can even spread the wealth.

3 comments:

  1. This way you can look it over when your 60 and see all the inspiring things you heard that were so nicely recorded in your blog? I don't think that's the best idea. It's kind of like writing a shopping list and sticking it in your pocket. So you have the list recorded somewhere, but you still have to actually go shopping. (Yes, I am the person that makes up all those mashals your teachers used to tell you.)

    So, more along the lines of what your seminary teachers probably had in mind... Pick one thing. And start small. You want to exercise everyday? Go online, there are tons of 15 minute exercise routines you could try. Pick a specific time each day, preferably when the babysitter is there, and spend just 15 minutes exercising. Get into the habit and after a few weeks, maybe you'll be ready to move on to something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://chinuchadventures.blogspot.com/2009/02/parshas-teruma-flipping-out-part-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes try
    http://dadoichzlig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete